Since Naijastories.com launched in April 2010, we have become the premier online destination for reading enthusiasts and all those invested in the future of Nigerian writing. The vision of Naijastories is to promote reading of fiction, and to share an abundance of authentic Nigerian stories on the internet and make them available to a wider global audience. This is our own way of ensuring the plurality of our stories and presenting a more rounded Nigerian
We also aim to foster and promote a community spirit among young Nigerian writers, who can thereby improve their writing through getting feedback from other writers and general readers. For working with us on these goals, we want to reward our members for their time and effort. Our payment system will be based on the NS points system. This means that when you participate on the site by doing various activities or you win our regular writing contests, you obtain points. You can then exchange your points for cash.
How to Get Paid [Only after you have up to 20,000 points/ $20/ N3000]
– Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org between the 27th and 31st of any month with these details
– your NS username,
– cumulative points,
– your bank name and account no. or your paypal address
– how much you want to withdraw as long as it is more than $20 or N3000
How to Earn Points – Each 1000 points will be equivalent to $1.
50 Points – Blog Post (plus pay per view)
10 Points – Blog Comment
5 Points – Update
5 Points – Leaving a reply
25 Points – Creating a group
5 Points – Uploading a group avatar
– 25 Points – Leaving a group
5 Points – Group Update or Reply
10 Points – Completed Friend Request
20 Points – New Group Forum Topic
10 Points – New Group Forum Post
5 Points – Avatar Uploaded
5 Points – Message Sent
100 Points – Becoming a Member
5 Points – Daily Login
Further Details –
– Points will only be redeemed after you have acquired more than 20,000 points, and subsequent payments will be made in 20,000 point blocks. In other words, you can redeem 20,000 points for $20, but you cannot redeem 16,000 points until they get to 20,000 points.
– We want to reiterate that only sincere participation will be rewarded. There is no pressure. Do not feel you have to compete with anyone; everyone will be paid as long they participate honestly on the site.
– Comment and forum discussions should be meaningful and relevant, and not just because you want to build up points. We reserve the right to refuse to redeem points if we feel that you are trying to ‘game’ the system by making a lot of irrelevant and trivial contributions.
– When redeemed, you will be paid the money, and the points will be deducted from your points total.
– Those outside Nigeria are advised to open a PayPal account in order to redeem points. Bank transfers will work only in Nigeria.
– We can also pay via Western Union on special request if the member has 100,000 points minimum (ie $100).
– For all methods of payment, the recipient pays the fees.
You can leave questions in the comment on this post, or send them to email@example.com.