Naija Stories is a website set up and committed to promoting Nigerian Fiction. We are a social network for Nigerian writers of all skill levels and readers of both genre novels and literary fiction. It is an avenue for readers and publishers to discover new authors and for writers to share their work, gain recognition, and connect with their audience and each other. There is a special workshop category for articles on the writing craft and detailed reviews of selected stories. Whether you’re an enthusiastic, creative writer looking for the perfect place to store and display your writing online or a casual reader searching for a good story, Naija Stories is your website.
As a writer, this is a place to showcase your creativity and for a reader, here you can feast to your heart’s content. This site is a community bursting with activities, inspiration and creativity, register to join in the fun and enjoy all the benefits. Memberships is free to all who register and you’ll have the opportunity to enter free writing contests. Each membership will also include a writing portfolio, numerous writing tips, and a community that will provide the chance to meet and bond with fresh creative minds. No other website promotes Nigerian Writers and Nigerian Fiction better than we do.
The goal of Naija Stories is to provide writers with an easy way to publish and promote their work and to provide readers with access to the best Naija creative writing on the Web, organized and cataloged for easy browsing. On Naija Stories;
Post novel excerpts, short stories, poetry, and more.
Receive and respond to comments.
Submit links to creative writing published elsewhere
Make it onto the site’s featured writer of the month by views and comments.
Serve as editors, give feedback and critique
Determine which work receives more exposure on the homepage through editor’s picks
Comment, rate and vote.
Become a fan and subscribe to receive a writer’s updates.
Communicate, interact, and support your favorite writers.
BRIEF NOTICE TO AUTHORS
Since the start of Naija Stories, we’ve been thrilled by the quality and quantity of contributions that we’ve received. Thanks to all who have sent in your stories and poems!
However, we do have standards for submission to ensure that the stories are easy to categorise and continue to be of high quality. If you intend to be an author on this website, please read the complete set of guidelines here. In particular, please note the following:
- Ensure your contribution is the right length; between 400 and 2500 words for stories, between 50 and 500 stories for poems. If your contributions are longer, please break them up into installments. If your story is less than 750 words, please categories it as ‘Flash’.
- You are encouraged to tag your contributions with relevant keywords so that you can easily find all the stories/poems they you have published through the tag cloud or by search.
- Categorise your contributions so that readers can find them in the appropriate category (Fiction, Short Stories, Suspense, etc.). At the very least, each story should have one category - either Fiction, Poetry or Non-Fiction. We will not publish uncategorised contributions.
- When you are done with your story, submit for review - do not save as ‘Draft’. We will not publish stories saved as ‘Draft’, as we assume that your story is not yet finished. If a story is saved as ‘Draft’ for an extended period, it may eventually be deleted.
- Please make sure your story has a title. We will not publish stories that do not have a title.
- Space out your contributions - try not to send more than one story a day. If you send in more than one story on the same day, we may not publish all of them, since we like our readers to have a variety of stories to read.
If you have any questions about any of this, please send a mail to [email protected]