See also our COPYRIGHT POLICY
We do not claim any right of ownership in any manuscripts, comments, reviews, files, images, photos, or any other material (“content”) that you post on Naija Stories. After posting your content you will continue to retain all your intellectual property ownership rights and continue to have the right to use your work in any way you choose.
However, by posting content on Naija Stories you hereby grant to us a license, to edit, modify, delete, use, publicly display, reproduce and distribute such content on this site, related sites online, and other promotional channels . This license is for at least 2 years, up to 5 years for stories submitted for a site contest, and in perpetuity for winners of our contests. The license you grant us is:
1. non-exclusive, which means you are free to license your work to any one else,
2. fully paid up and royalty free, which means you will not be paid by Naija Stories or anyone else for the use of your work on this site,
3. sub-licensable for the purposes of enabling us to host and maintain the site via third parties, and also to promote and market the site via other paper and electronic channels - this includes Radio, TV, Newspapers/Magazines and Websites.
4. This license does not grant us the right to sell your work, and we will make an effort to inform you if your work will be distributed in any way.
Also, you are solely responsible for the content posted by you and all other material you transmit to us or other members. You represent and warrant that:
1. you own the content posted by you or you have the right to post it on this site
2. the content does not infringe the privacy rights, publicity rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person
3. the content does not breach any right of confidence
4. the content is not libellous or obscene
5. the content is not in breach of any law or other similar legalisation or otherwise unlawful
6. that if followed, instructions included in the content will not cause any harm to any person
Naija Stories reserves the right to delete all unsuitable content without prior notice.
Conduct on Site
Naija Stories encourages full participation by its members in the form of comment and dialogue in the appropriate sections.
However, the following conduct is prohibited:
1. Posting content or comments on the site that are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
2. Impersonating a person or entity, including, but not limited to the Admin or a member of the board, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity;
3. Uploading, posting, or otherwise making available on the site any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
4. Uploading, posting, or otherwise making available on the site any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation, except where express approval has been obtained from the Admin;
5. Disrupting normal flow of dialogue or otherwise acting in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges.
We work hard to ensure that Naija Stories is available as often as possible. However, due to the nature of the internet, this cannot be guaranteed and accordingly Naija Stories is provided on an “as is” basis. Access to the site may be restricted from time to time to allow for repairs, maintenance, and updates. We reserve the right to take down the site at any time.
You agree to indemnify us and our affiliates against any loss, damage or expense we suffer or incur as a result of you being breach of any of the above warranties. This means that you will be responsible for the loss or damage we suffer as a result of you being in breach of your warranties to us.
Our Right to Remove Content
At any time we may delete content that is offensive, infringes the rights of any third party, threatens the safety of another person, or is otherwise unlawful. We will not be required to give you any reason for removing stories, comments, photos, or other material.
Exclusion of Liability
We assume no responsibility for monitoring the site for amongst other things inappropriate or unlawful content, including but not limited to defamatory content. We do not endorse or assume any liability for or any damage you may suffer as a result of any such content, nor do we make any representation or give any warranty express or implied as to the accuracy or lawfulness of the content herein. Due to the volume of content and the community nature of this site, content is not reviewed by us prior to it being posted by users.
Naijastories may obtain IP addresses from users either at registration or on individual visits. We will use this information to monitor and prevent fraud, and diagnose problems.
We do not guarantee the security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site. So, in addition to our efforts, we encourage our users to use unique passwords and to make sure that they are the only users of their sign-in.
How we use data
We collect aggregate information on site registrations, what pages our members access or visit, and information you volunteer, such as survey and/or poll information.
The information we collect is used…
to improve the content of our site
to customize the content of our site for each individual visitor
to notify users about updates to our site
When legally required to do so, we will disclose user information at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation.
Deleting your account
When you register on the site or join specific groups, you are automatically subscribed to our feeds. You will receive activity or account related emails from Naijastories.com and the groups. To stop these emails, please adjust the group email settings as well as the global email settings on your profile page. We have made a post with tips on how to do this on the SITE MATTERS forum.
We also send service-related announcements and regular newsletters. If you do not want to receive these emails from us in the future, please let us know at [email protected].
We will not share any personal details of members including your email. Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose in the areas of the site like posts and Forums becomes publicly available and can be used by other users. Please exercise caution before disclosing your personal information anywhere on the internet.
While we’re doing our best to ensure that fraudulent elements are kept away from the site, you may also sometimes receive private messages from such members. Please alert admin immediately if you feel this may be the case.
We use advertising from Google adwords on the site, and from time to time, we will also partner with relevant businesses that we believe will add value to the site and to our members.
Some of these third party ads may be placing and reading cookies on reader’s browsers, or using web beacons to collect information as a result of ad serving on this blog.
Children & Young Adults
We try to keep content on this site G-rated but this is not always so. People under 16 are not encouraged to use Naijastories on their own, or without parental consent.
Effective Date & Notification of Changes
We work hard to protect your privacy and ensure that Naijastories is safe and secure for you to use.