Society of Young Nigerian Writers
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Songs from unsung poets for kongi @ 80
Prof. Wole Soyinka @ 80 poetry anthology
(Anthology of poems in honour and celebration of prof. Wole Soyinka @ 80
Young Nigerian Writers who are fans or lovers of Prof. Wole Soyinkaat home and abroad are invited to contribute their works in the ongoing call for entries in honor of Prof. Wole Soyinka.
Wole Soyinka is a Nigeria writer, notable especially as a playwright and poet, he was awarded the 1986 Nobel Prize in Literature, the first person in Africa to receive the award.
It is part of our aim to celebrate his 80th birthday anniversary this; we are therefore calling for entries within and outside the country.
- Medium of entries: poetry, playlet, short story, essay and articles.
- Minimum of one and maximum of three Works per entrant.
- Participation opens to writers between the ages of 10 and 40
- Works can be poems, essays, articles and short stories.
- The following information should be submitted alongside their entries: Name of entrants, Age, State, Where you heard about the call for entries, short profile about yourself, telephone and e-mail address.
- Closing date for submission is 31st of July, 2014.
- Completed works should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Participation
- Issuance Certificate of Participation
- Shortlisted entries will be published in our proposed electronic anthology.
For further enquiries call: Wole Adedoyin on 08072673852