SOCIETY OF YOUNG NIGERIAN WRITERS
In Collaboration with
GIRL CHILD CREATIVITY CONCEPT, ZIMBABWE
Call for Submission
Rising Voices -100 YOUNG VOICES FROM ZIMBABWE AND NIGERIA
(AN ANTHOLOGY OF POEMS)
Zimbabwe/Nigeria Literary Exchange
FOR YOUNG POETS RESIDING IN ZIMBABWE AND NIGERIA
The idea behind this collaboration is to create a literary and creative exchange between the young poets of Zimbabwe and Nigeria. The project is also geared towards publishing the unpublished poets residing in the both countries.
Aims of the Project
- To network and link young poets from both countries together.
- To enhance, hone and sharpen the literary creativity of the people involved.
To discover new literary talents.
- To produce an anthology (Both in Printed and E-Book Format).
- To share literary custom, tradition, ethics, history and culture through written poems.
- To promote the spirit of literary unity in Africa
- Language Medium – English
- Poetry Type – Any.
- Participants should be between the ages of 10 and 35.
- Poems should be between the minimum of 10 lines and maximum of 50lines.
- Entrants should include the followings alongside their works – Country, State, Age, Location, Short Profile, Where you heard about the Call for Entries, Tel. No. and A Sentence of not more than 50 words describing the poem.
- Permission to publish your work among the shortlisted entries.
- All entries must be submitted to: email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com latest by December 31st, 2012.
- Any signs of plagiarism may disqualify the contestant.
- Award of Certificate of Participation to all entrants
- Award of Certificate of Excellence to all shortlisted entrants
- All shortlisted poems will be published (Printed and E-book format).
- Automatic Membership into the Society of Young Nigerian Writers
- For More information, please contact:
Wole Adedoyin – SYNW (+23472673852) or Mbizo – GCCC (0734332309)
Powered by: Society of Young Nigerian Writers and Girl Child Creativity Concept, Zimbabwe