NaijaStories.com is pleased to announce the first in a series of online writing contests in collaboration with Worldreader. The theme of this edition is “A Touch of Spice”. Naijastories and Worldreader are seeking steamy love stories from a Nigerian or African Perspective.
One of the things we’re looking for is a great and entertaining short story about love/sex. In relevant scenes, we would prefer that the writer subtly promotes safe sex for young people. We will also appreciate stories with well rounded female characters.
By submitting your story for this contest, you accept the terms and conditions of the Naijastories and Worldreader Agreement.
Dates for Contest:
The contest opens today April 20th, and submissions end on May 17th, 2012.
First round Polls – May 18th – 23rd
Judging – May 20th – 28th
Final Judging – May 28th to 30th 2012
The winner will be announced by May 31st, 2012.
There will be 3 cash prizes for this contest.
First Prize – 100,000 points ($100)
Second Prize – 50,000 points ($50)
Third Prize – 50,000 points ($50)
- Selected submissions will be published on the Worldreader App and their ereader programs.
- Selected stories may be made available for sale on Amazon.com and other eBook retailers either as ‘singles’ or as an anthology.
1. You must be a registered member of Naijastories.com.
2. Submit your entry as a post with a title that defines your entry.
3. At the end of the post, provide the following;
a, your name and country of residence,
b, a bio of not more than 3 sentences.
4. Your entry should be between 1000 and 2500 words.
5. Put the entry in the category of “A Touch of Spice” and press the button, “Submit for Review”.
There will have 3 stages for determining the winner;
Stage 1. – All the entries that meet the contest rules will be put to the public poll for 30% of points.
Stage 2. – At the same time, the Naija Stories board leaders will score all the accepted entries for 70% of points. This will be added to votes polled on NaijaStories.com to select the top 10 entries. These will proceed to the last round.
Stage 3. – The NS Editors will select the winners.
- The initial site editor will make sure that entries stick to the criteria of love stories and “A Touch of Spice”.
- Second round judges will be checking for clean use of the English language, so polish your grammar and keep typos to a minimum please! We will also be looking for creativity, so go on and give it your all.
- The final judge will be looking for great writing. Be genuine! Be unique! Be original! Use this as an opportunity to write about the best/worst/funniest love stories you can think of.
If you have any questions, please send a mail to email@example.com.
Good Luck and Get Writing!
Find out more about our contest partner – Worldreader from their website.