SPROUTERS is an annual mentorship project, running from January to December, launched to groom Nigerian teens and young adult female writers on the art of creative writing. To celebrate the recent upgrade of our website, www.sproutersng.com, we are introducing WIN A FREE EDIT. WIN A FREE EDIT is a platform for all writers who do not meet our mentorship criteria to get the chance to have their literary works edited by the SPROUTERS mentors.
What is WIN A FREE EDIT?
This is a biweekly free editing service SPROUTERS is offering to writers. One short story/poem is selected every two weeks to be structurally edited by a SPROUTERS mentor. The edited story would then be featured on our Top Feature Story for the month, and is eligible for publication in our partner literary websites.
How Does WIN A FREE EDIT Work?
Register at www.sproutersng.com
- On activation, go to the top of the page, and click on Submissions
- Post your story/poem. Chose a title, and under the category dropdown, select ‘Free Edit’
- Save your work
- Allow a week for all submissions to come in
- The five best stories for the week are published on the SPROUTERS website. The writers of the stories that made the cut would be notified by email
- Visitors to the website are then invited to vote for which story should be chosen to WIN A FREE EDIT. Voting lasts for a week. The story with the highest votes wins the free edit. The writer will be contacted by email, and will work with a SPROUTERS mentor to polish up the story.
What Are The Criteria For A WIN A FREE EDIT story
- Stories from all genres and topics are welcomed
- Submissions are limited to one story per writer for each round of edit. Writers, whether their works are chosen or not, are allowed to continue submitting stories for every round of WIN A FREE EDIT
- Stories must not be longer than 1,000 words
- WIN A FREE EDIT is a competition, therefore submit your best works
We look forward to reading your stories.
SPROUTERS is an online mentorship program for teenage girls. We are still accepting applications for mentorship. To apply, visit http://www.sproutersng.com/index.php/aboutus/mentors. Prospective mentees now have the opportunity to choose who they wish to mentor them, by applying specifically to the chosen mentor*.
For inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone, 08024345207
*Subject to space availability. Early application is therefore highly encouraged.