SOCIETY OF YOUNG NIGERIAN WRITERS (SYNW)
IN COLLABORATION WITH
DEMOCRATIC WRITERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (DWAN)
CALL FOR ENTRIES
BUHARI, WE HAIL THEE.
(A Collectanea in honour of Muhammadu Buhari GCFR)
Young Nigerian Writers at home and abroad are invited to contribute their works in the ongoing call for entries in honor of our current president Muhammadu Buhari GCFR.
We are calling on all his lovers, admirers and fans to submit entries in form of art works, poems, articles, essays on his political philosophy and life.
Muhammadu Buhari GCFR (born 17 December 1942) is the President of Nigeria, in office since 2015. He is a retired Major General in the Nigerian Army and previously served as the nation’s Head of State from 31 December 1983 to 27 August 1985, after taking power in a military coup d’état. The term Buharism is ascribed to the Buhari military government.
He unsuccessfully ran for the office of President in the 2003, 2007 and 2011 general elections. In December 2014, he emerged as the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress for the March 2015 general elections. Buhari won the election, defeating the incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan. This marked the first time in the history of Nigeria that an incumbent president lost to an opposition candidate in a general election. He was sworn in on 29 May 2015.
Entries are welcome from other countries.
- Medium of entries: poetry, playlet, short story, essay and articles.
2. Minimum of one and maximum of three Works per
3. Participation opens to writers between the ages of 10 and 45
4. Works can be poems, essays, articles and short stories.
5. The following information should be submitted alongside their entries: Name of entrants, Age, State, Where you heard about the call for entries, short profile about yourself, telephone and e-mail address.
6. Closing date for submission is 25th of March, 2017.
7. Completed works should be submitted to
firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com
Benefits of Participation
- Issuance of Certificate of Participation and Achievement
2. Shortlisted entries will be published in our proposed printed and electronic anthology.