2017 NIGERIA CHRISTIAN WRITERS/LITERATURE AWARD
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS/Nominations
Nominations may be submitted in one of 15 categories:
- Femi Emmanuel Christian Writers Award (on Christian Inspirational/Motivational Books)
- A. Adeboye Christian Writers Award (on Church Planting Books Category)
- Ayo Babalola Christian Writers Award (on Prayer Books Category)
- F. Kumuyi Christian Writers Award (on Practical Evangelism Books Category)
- Ben Idahosa Christian Writers Award (on Salvation and Redemption Books Category)
- Samuel Ajayi Crowther Christian Writers Award (on Christian Fiction Category)
- Moses Orimolade Christian Writers Award (on Christian Biography and Autobiography Category)
- Samuel Oshoffa Christian Writers Award (on Tracts Evangelism Category)
- Henry Townsend Writers Award (on Christian/Church History Books Category)
- K. Olukoya Christian Writers Prize (on Church Administration Books Category)
- Wale Oke Christian Writers Prize (on Christian Biography/Autobiography Category)
- B Joshua Christian Writers Prize on (on Christian Healing/Miracle Books Category)
- Chris Oyakilome Christian Writers Prize (on Christian Counseling/Ethics Books Category)
- Mathew Ashimolowo Christian Writers Prize (on Christian Youth Books Category)
- Chris Okotie Christian Writers Prize (on Christian and Politics Books Category)
NB: Entrants should specify which category they are entering for. Only first, second and third will be selected in each category
The Nigerian Christian Writers’ Awards aim to discover and encourage writers of the future. Prizes are given for the best published works by a Nigerian Citizen under 50 years of age. Supplementary awards may be made.
The winning work will explore a Christian perspective or theme and incorporate, explain or encourage Christian life and values.
Entries are judged with an eye to the:
- Original Nature and Content of the Work.
- Literary Style including suitability for the target audience
- Contribution that the work makes in meeting a need for Christian writing in Nigeria.
Conditions of entry
- The Award is open to Nigerian Citizens normally resident in Nigeria under the age of 50. Entrants will need to supply proof of age and citizenship and details of their Christian community.
- Entries must be the original and published work of the author.
- Entries are free
- Individual writer must attach a copy of their CV.
- Only one entry per person.
- Entries close on 30th of July, 2017. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Each entry must be submitted as a hard copy. The entrant’s information must be attached on a separate page.
- 10 copies of the submitted book must be included
- Entries will not be returned, so remember to keep a copy.
- An entry will be disqualified if it is handwritten or in manuscript formats (entries must be word in printed copies).
- Entries are read and judged by a panel selected by judges. If, in the opinion of the judges, no entry meets the standard expected, no award will be made. The judge’s decision is final. The organizers reserve the right to withdraw any unsuitable entry.
- Copyright of submitted work will remain with the author. The names of winning entrants and copies of their winning entries may be published on the Association’s website.
- All finalists will be notified by September. 1st, 2017. All entrants will be invited to attend the awards event at a venue and date to be notified. If you have any queries please e-mail – email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
BENEFITS/PRIZES TO BE WON
- Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all participants
- Certificate of Award alongside Certificate of Achievement will also be given to all winners
- Free Membership into the Association of Nigerian Christian Authors and Publishers
- Free promotion/publicity of winning books online and in newspapers
- All winners are entitle to1000 Christian E-Book pack
- No monetary Prize for now
The Nigerian Christian Literature Awards are administered by the Association of Nigerian Christian Authors and Publishers. An activity of the Association for promoting Christian Knowledge, discovering and nurturing tomorrow’s Christian writers.
For queries :email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
For submissions: The Awards Coordinator, Nigerian Christian Literature Awards, P.O. Box 6332, Agodi Gate, Ibadan.