SOCIETY OF YOUNG NIGERIAN WRITERS
CALL FOR ENTRIES
SONGS OF BITTERNESS
(A collection of Poems in memory and honour of the Late PRINCE ALBERT (PROF.) ADEREMI ADEDOYIN – father of the National President and founder of the Society of Young Nigerian Writers (SYNW) and the Association of Nigerian Christian Authors and Publishers (ANCAP)- Mr. Wole Adedoyin).
PRINCE (PROF.) ALBERT ADEREMI ADEDOYIN (1938 – 2014) Author, Educationist, Politician, Literary Enthusiast, Arts Lover, Photographer, Philosopher, Thinker, Religion Scholar and Business Consultant.
PRINCE (PROF.) ALBERT ADEREMI ADEDOYIN was born on September 13, 1938 into the family of the Late Pa Ogini and Olajutore Adedoyin in Ilesa West Local Government of Osun State, Nigeria. He did his primary and secondary education in Nigeria and partly completed his tertiary education in London. Prof. as fondly called by friends and colleagues was an erudite scholar, philosopher and great thinker. During his life time he helped to finance all the activities of the Society of Young Nigerian Writers (SYNW) which is now the largest young writers’ body in Nigeria, West Africa and Africa and the Association of Nigerian Christian Authors and Publishers ANCAPS (the first Christian writers’ body in Nigeria). Some of the literary activities he helped financed are: Fagunwa Day Event –From first to third edition (an annual literary event nailed on the Late D.O. Fagunwa which is aim at promoting indigenous literature (in Yoruba) in the Southwestern part of the country. Also the Society’s Ibadan Writers Training Centre (the southwest workshop arm of the Society) which has trained over 1000 writers across the country. Prince Aderemi Adedoyin was also a member of some notable professional bodies within and outside Nigeria. He left this world on the 18th of August, 2014 after a brief illness at the Jubilee Hospital, Samonda, Ibadan. May his gentle soul rest in Perfect Peace. Amen.
CRITERIA FOR SUBMISSIONS
- The Call is opened for young writers between the ages of 15 and 35.
- Genre – Poetry – Dirge/Elegy written for any anybody (family, friends, relatives etc.)
- Minimum of two and maximum of 3 poems
- Entrants should send the following information alongside their entries i. Name ii. Age Gender iii. Location iv. Phone Number v. Where you heard about the Call for entries vi. Short Profile about yourself.
- Call closes on Oct. 1, 2014.
- Entries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information call: 08072673852
- Individual Participant will be given a Certificate of Participation
- Shortlisted Work(s) will be published in both e-book and printed formats.
- Free E-Books on CD
- Automatic membership into the Society of Young Nigerian Writers