CALL FOR SUBMISION
– SONGS OF SORROW –
ELEGIES IN HONOUR OF
IFY AGWU AND SESAN AJAYI
In memory of two writers who died young (Ify Omalicha Agwu and Sesan Ajayi). We invite Young Nigerian Writers of descriptive and Creative Styles to submit entries mainly Dirge/Elegy for the Society’s forthcoming E-book anthology tagged “Songs of Sorrow” Collection of Elegies in Memory and Honour of Late Sesan Ajayi who was a Poet and Lecturer at Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye and Ify Omalicha Agwu also a Performance Poet who died earlier this year. Ify was a Poet and Lecturer in the Department of Theatre Arts, University of Ibadan. May their gentle souls rest in perfect peace. Amen.
The Anthology is meant to collect, inspire and encourage upcoming Nigerian Writers to appreciate and value the works and talents of each other and to steer-up creative young writers in the appropriate direction for the development of their interests.
- Language Medium – English, Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo.
- Poetry Type – Elegy/Dirge.
- Participants should be between the ages of 10 and 35.
- Poems should be between the minimum of 20 lines and maximum of 35 lines.
- Entrants should include the followings alongside their works – Age, Location, Tel. No., A Sentence of not more than 50 words describing the poem.
- Permission to Publish your work among the shortlisted entries.
- All entries must be submitted to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org latest by September 31st, 2012.
- Any signs of plagiarism will disqualify the contestant.
Benefits of Submission
- Award of Certificates of Participation to all Entrants.
- Award of Certificates of Excellence to only the shortlisted entrants.
- Publication of the shortlisted collections in electronic book format which will be found on the Society’s website and blog, obooko website, Amazon Website and takadaonlinemag.wordpress.com
For more information, contact:
Or check www.societyforyoungwriters.com