I like to believe every individual has that thing that made them change or decide to become a better person, mine is constantly listening to people tell stories of their experience. When you listen closely, you get sayings or quotes from these stories being told.
“Never be afraid or too proud to reach out to learn from someone who is doing what you would love to do.” – Bankole Williams
The above quote is the latest one that touched me in a good way. Going through my note book, I realised that every now and then I take note of some sayings and it has influenced my life and decisions in a very good way.
The above quote is sometimes difficult, I have experienced this in a good way and bad way because sometimes individuals can be mean and unresponsive but hey never give up.
So I will be sharing some of these quotes; please also share some of yours with me. Some of them I truly can’t remember who said it or where I picked it from, nonetheless I hope it touches you in a good way.
* ”There is nothing worse than giving the right thing to the wrong person.”
* “You actually train others how to treat you by how you treat yourself. Do not think for one moment that others do not observe your level of style, class and preferences.”
* “Excellence is not based on past performance. It is a title given to someone who persisted and rose above her calamities.”
* “Be careful what you grow in your garden, be careful whom you let sow in your field. Be careful whom you allow speak into your life” T.D Jakes
* “Its okay to see the good in someone but don’t ever use that as an excuse for someone who treats you no good”
* “Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the things you did do.”
* “Ladies, your clothes should be tight enough to show that you ’re a woman, but loose enough to show that you ’re a lady” #TipsForSingles Ik
* “No matter where you are from always remember your dreams are valid.” #LupitaNyongo
* “What makes my boat SINK may make your boat FLOAT, we all have different callings. So stick to your calling. Every mallam with him own kettle ooo”.
* “Be watchful. A clear sign of someone’s character is how they treat people they don’t need.” TdJakes
* “You can be loved by many,but deep down you’ll feel needy and insecure until you understand how God feels about you”
* “The worst friend anyone can have is one that sees you as a competition. Careful what you share. Not everybody stays your friend forever”
* “Never excuse in yourself what you accuse in others”
Pick out the tree in your eyes before you see the leaves in mine” #TheGoodBadandUgly by Bez
* “Don’t turn to God only when you need something. Turn to him often then he’ll already be there when you are in need”
* “If you can catch a glimpse of how much confidence God has in you, you will never again shrink back into an inferiority complex” #Joel Osteen
* “Don’t rush into any kind of relationship. Work on yourself. Feel yourself, experience yourself and love yourself.”
* “The fear of failure has hindered a lot of people from achieving their dreams….be brave and put your foot forward”
* ” It’s not what you don’t have that limits you, it’s what you have and don’t know how to use”
* “You can’t dress like a suspect and expect people to treat you like a prospect” -Steve Harris.
* ” Be mindful!!! There are various people trying to sow seeds into your life, not every seed is right for planting because there might never be a good harvest, mind the words you hear”. – Uju Chukwu
* “Of course I am not worried about intimidating men. The type of man who will be intimidated by me is exactly the type of man I have no interest in.” – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
* ” There are people that dislike you because you do not dislike yourself” – Chimamamda Ngozi Adichie
Do remember to share your own personal saying or quote.