2017 NIGERIA INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MERITORIOUS SERVICE AWARD
NATIONAL AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION AND PRACTICES
The Computer Guild of Nigerian (CGN) has created five awards to recognize the outstanding efforts of Nigerian talented ICT Practitioners. The awards are:
- The Information Technology Distinguished Career Award recognizes one Nigerian ICT Practitioner for his or her outstanding contributions to advancing the country’s IT agenda. One award is given annually.
- The Information Technology Ambassador Award recognizes one Nigerian ICT Practitioner for demonstrating outstanding technology leadership to his or her state or community. One award is given annually.
- The Information Technology Excellence Award recognizes Nigerian ICT Practitioner or team for their innovative use of hardware and/or software technology to successfully deploy a major IT project with significant impact to research, teaching, administration. One award is given annually.
- The Information Technology Client Service Award recognizes a Nigerian ICT Practitioner or group who has provided a high quality of service to the country or state. One award is given annually.
- The Information Technology Unsung Hero Award recognizes a non-academic staff member who has made a significant and largely unrecognized contribution to the quality of the IT environment offered by a unit and/or to the country. Two awards are given annually.
- Distinguished Information Science Award (DISA)
This award is to recognize individuals who have made outstanding contributions through distinguished services to the field of information management.
- Individual Performance Awards (IPA)
This award is to recognize members for their individual achievements and dedication to the ideals of the association.
The awards will be determined by a committee consisting of important personalities in ICT field. The names shall be made known to the public soon.
Once members of the committee see the award nominations, they must declare any conflicts of interest. Those seen to be in a conflict by the Chair will be excused for all deliberations concerning awards related to the conflict.
For each award (regardless of the number of recipients) the awardee(s) will receive a plaque recognizing the awardee(s)’s accomplishment(s), Certificates of Achievement and Excellence and a gift.
The award winners will be announced in mid-September and the awards will be presented at an awards ceremony mid-November.
Send your CV, samples of your innovation/work addressed to the Coordinator – Wole Adedoyin – P.O. 6332, Agodi Gate, Ibadan, Oyo State. E-mail- firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call – 08072673852, 08142693764