2017 NIGERIA CHRISTIAN TEEN WRITER AWARD
The Young Nigerian Christian Writers’ Awards aim to discover and encourage writers of the future. The Award carries no monetary prize but a framed certificate of Merit, Certificate of Participation, Certificate of Award and Achievement for the teen author.
The winning work will explore a Christian perspective or theme and incorporate, explain or encourage Christian life and values.
Entries are judged with an eye to the:
Original Nature and Content of the Work.
Literary Style including suitability for the target audience
Contribution that the work makes in meeting a need for Christian writing in Nigeria.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- The Award is open to Nigerian Citizens normally resident in Nigeria under the age of 30. Entrants will need to supply proof of age and citizenship and details of their Christian community.
• Entries must be the original and unpublished work of the author.
• Only one entry per person.
• Entries close on 30th of June, 2017. Late entries will not be accepted.
• Each entry must be submitted as a hard copy. The entrant’s information must be attached on a separate page.
Eight Copies for each submitted entry
• Entries will not be returned, so remember to keep a copy.
• An entry will be disqualified if it is handwritten or in manuscript format.
- Entries are read and judged by a panel selected by judges. If, in the opinion of the judges, no entry meets the standard expected, no award will be made. The judge’s decision is final. The organizers reserve the right to withdraw any unsuitable entry.
• Copyright of submitted work will remain with the author. The names of winning entrants and copies of their winning entries may be published on the Association’s website.
• All finalists will be notified by 1st of July, 2017.
The Nigeria Christian Literature Awards are administered by the Association of Nigerian Christian Authors and Publishers. An activity of the Association for promoting Christian Knowledge, discovering and nurturing tomorrow’s Christian writers.
For queries :email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
For submissions: The Awards Coordinator, Nigerian Christian Literature Awards, P.O. Box 6332, Agodi Gate, Ibadan.
BENEFITS/PRIZES TO BE WON
- Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all participants
- Certificate of Award alongside Certificate of Achievement will also be given to all winners
- Free Membership into the Association of Nigerian Christian Authors and Publishers
- Free promotion/publicity of winning books online and in newspapers
- All winners are entitle to1000 Christian E-Book pack
- No monetary Prize for now