The Society of Young Nigerian Writers Anambra State Chapter are hereby calling for papers/ essays or poetries from both bourgening and established writers across the nation for the celebration of its 2016 literary event tagged ”CHINUA ACHEBE: A LITERARY ICON”
This is an annual literary event initiated to honour and celebrate the life and the works of the Literary Legend Late Prof. Chinua Achebe who was born on the 16th day of November 1930, as well as to recognize his great legacies and inputs in the world of literature.
This great event which would take place on the 16th of November 2016 at Prof. Kenneth Dike E-Library Awka Anambra State by 10.am is being organized by the Society Of Young Nigerian Writers , Anambra State Chapter in collaboration with the Anambra State Library Awka, in the memory of the great literary Pioneer.
It would attract various great and famous writers across the nation, both burgeoning and established ones, top literary figures in the country, stakeholders, students and other numerous categories of participants and guests. In the cause of marking this event, papers both essays and poetries are requested from writers across the nation.
The essay or poetry must be written in the memory of Achebe and would be presented at the event by the author.
1. Essay or Poetry MUST be in the memory of Achebe, and may focus on his life, works, personality, writing style or other areas.
2. The essay or Poetry Should be BRIEF and CONCISE.
3. Writer’s information; contact address, phone number and e- mail address should be included in the submission.
4. Submission is open to all.
5. Writer may choose any interesting title of his choice.
6. Entries should be sent to synwanambrachapter@g mail.com
7. Submission must be made on or before 30th October 2016 if it must be considered for publication.
All the submitted essays would be published in the event magazine and various literary blogs and websites, to the writer’s credit, subject to his approval.
Aside publication and the free promotion of the submitted essays and poetries, Authors of the best ten essays and poetries would be given special recognition and rewards at the event…
The Society of Young Nigerian Writers, Anambra State Chapter in collaboration with the Anambra State Library, Prof. Kenneth Dike E-Library Awka.
For enquiries and sponsorship, call 07062208603, 07062696058 or e-mail email@example.com.
Izunna I. Okafor, The Co-ordinator SYNW Anambra Chapter.