2016 YOUNG NIGERIAN WRITERS AWARD
Call for Submission/Nomination
Nominations may be submitted in one of four categories:
CATEGORIES OF AWARDS
Ify Omalicha Agwu Award for Teen poets (Between the ages of 7 and 15)
Sesan Ajayi Award for Young Poets (Between the ages of 18 and 35)
Dapo Adelugba Award for Young Nigerian Playwrights (Between the ages of 18 and 35)
Ola Rotimi Award for Teen Playwrights (Between the ages of 7 and 15)
Ezenwa Ohaeto Award for Young Nigerian Novelists (Between the ages of 18 and 35)
Festus Iyayi Award for Teen Novelists (Between the ages of 7 and 15)
INDIGENOUS LITERATURE AWARD
Imam Abubakar Award for Hausa Literature (Between the ages of 18 and 35)
D.O. Fagunwa Award for Yoruba Literature (Between the ages of 18 and 35)
Pita Nwana Award for Igbo Literature (Between the ages of 18 and 35)
Conditions of entry
- The Award is open to Nigerian Citizens normally resident in Nigeria under the age of 35.
- Entries must be the original and published work of the author.
- Participation is free
- Individual writer must attach a copy of their CV.
- Only one entry per person.
- Entries close on 30th of May, 2016. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Each entry must be submitted as a hard copy. The entrant’s information must be attached on a separate page.
- 5 copies of the submitted book(s) must be included
- Entries will not be returned, so remember to keep a copy.
- An entry will be disqualified if it is handwritten or in manuscript formats (entries must be printed copies).
- Entries are read and judged by a panel selected by judges. If, in the opinion of the judges, no entry meets the standard expected, no award will be made. The judge’s decision is final. The organizers reserve the right to withdraw any unsuitable entry.
- Copyright of submitted work will remain with the author. The names of winning entrants and copies of their winning entries may be published on the Society’s website.
- All finalists will be notified by June. 1st, 2016
BENEFITS/PRIZES TO BE WON
- Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all participants
- Certificate of Award alongside Certificate of Achievement will also be given to all winners
- Free Membership into the Society of Young Nigerian Writers and Publishers
- Free promotion/publicity of winning books online and in newspapers
- All winners are entitle to1000 Christian E-Book pack
- No monetary Prize for now
For queries : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
For submissions: The Awards Coordinator, Young Nigerian Writers Award, No 13, Queen Elizabeth Road, Opposite Group Medical, Mokola Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria. P.O. Box 6332, Agodi Gate, Ibadan.