With the passing away of a great African literary Icon; Chinua Achebe, we can only console the old with our young and creative minds, for they have passed the baton to us.
Features of this event would include:
- Every participant being provided with a ‘Glo’ t-shirt and a face cap for the mountain hike
- At arrival, we will inscribe names on the mountain top such as Chinua Achebe, TASW, Globacom and those of participants
- The top of the mountain would avail us with a lovely view of The Federal capital.It would be a beautiful scenery and thus participants would get to take pictures and might even be oppurtune to see some beautiful wildlife (Monkeys etc).
- There would be a line-up of events which would include dancing and music performances, Poetry slam competition, spoken words competition, stand-up comedy by Abuja finest comedians, games, face painting and most importantly, a tribute to Chinua Achebe.
- Professional pictures would be taken by Xquisite Foto Studio
“I don’t want to write about climbing; I don’t want talk about it; I don’t want to photograph it; I don’t want to think about it; all I want to do is do it.” — Chuck Pratt.
“I think back to the old people I knew when I was growing up, and they always seemed larger than life” —Chinua Achebe.