SOCIETY OF YOUNG NIGERIAN WRITERS
2ND Edition Of FAGUNWA NIGHT
(A Celebration of Life and Works of D.O. Fagunwa – Author of Adiitu Olodumare, Igbo Olodumare, Ireke Onibudo, Irinkerindo Ninu Igbo Elegbeje, Ogboju Ode Ninu Igbo Irunmale
- Philosophical and Moral Lessons in D.O. Fagunwa’s Works
- Creative Writing in Yoruba Language, from D.O. Fagunwa till the present date.
- Advancement in Yoruba Language after the demise of D.O. Fagunwa.
Date: 25th & 26th of January, 2013. Time: 10:00am Prompt
Venue: 25th – Amphi-Theatre, (by main Gate) along Ebrohime Road, University of Ibadan.
26th – Theatre Art Hall, University of Ibadan.
- Postal Exhibition of Yoruba Culture, Traditions, Figures and Literature.
- On-the-Spot Creative Writing Competition in Yoruba Language among some selected secondary schools.
- Books Exhibition of Popular Yoruba Novels, Poetry, Plays, Poetry, Essays etc.
- Presentation of Prize Certificates and Awards to Outstanding Schools.
- Reading from Popular works by other Famous Yoruba Writers like Akinwumi Isola, Adebayo Faleti, Afolabi Olabimtan, J.F. Odunjo, Odujinrin, Tunbosun Oladapo, Atari Ajanaku etc.
- Launching of:
- Ø Prof. Akinwumi Isola Centre for Yoruba Literature Research and Documentation.
- Ø J.F. Odunjo Comparative Yoruba Correspondence Course for Secondary Schools Students.
- Ø Yoruba Fact-Finder – CD which contains collections of E-Books, Articles, Papers, Essays on Yoruba Culture, Traditions and Literature.
- Ø Fagunwa Inquirer – CD which also contains collections of E-Books, Articles, Papers and Essays on the Late D.O. Fagunwa.
For Participation and Sponsorship
Wole Adedoyin on 08072673852, 08183195486
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
On-Spot Creative Writing Competition in Yoruba Language
(Poetry, Prose and Drama).
Date: 23rd & 22nd of February, 2013. Time: 10:00am Prompt
22nd – Amphi-Theatre, (by main Gate) along Ebrohime Road, University of Ibadan.
23rdth – Theatre Art Hall, University of Ibadan.
Do you have a secondary school based in South West region of Nigeria (Yoruba speaking states like Osun, Ogun, Oyo, Lagos, Ekiti, Ondo, also Edo, Kwara and Kogi).?
A Secondary School Principal who can boast of his/her students high performances in Yoruba Language and Literature?
Then here is an opportunity to enroll in the Society of Young Nigerian Writers on-spot Creative Writing Competition in Yoruba Language aim at developing, honing and testing your students abilities and knowledge of Yoruba Language and Literature.
There are lots of Prizes to be won including Certificates of Participation and Excellence for the participating schools and students.
If your answer is yes then call: Wole Adedoyin on 08072673852 or 08183195486 for Details.
PARTICIPATION IS FREE
If you want to know about the first edition of our On-Spot Creating Writing Competition in Yoruba Language, powered by the Society of Young Nigerian Writers. Please log on to www.societyofyoungnigerianwriters.wordpress.com