Members are to compose poems of 30 lines to 50 lines
SOCIETY OF YOUNG NIGERIAN WRITERS
Call for Submission
VOICES OF FREEDOM
(AN ANTHOLOGY OF POEMS TO MARK NIGERIA @ 51 INDEPENDENCE)
FOR YOUNG POETS RESIDING IN NIGERIA ONLY
Poetry on any of the following fathers of Nigerian Independence:
- Sir Ahmadu Bello
- Obafemi Awolowo
- Nnamdi Azikiwe
- Tafawa Balewa
- Anthony Enahoro
The idea behind this project is to celebrate and honour our patriots who fought bravely and altruistically for our freedom from the white masters (Colonial Masters). Negritudinal, Certitudinal and Tigritudinal Young Nigerian Poets are invited to submit entries on the above listed Nationalists.
Aims of the Project
- To celebrate and honour the above mentioned Nigerian Nationalists and Patriots.
- To highlight the importance and role of Independence in the history of Nigeria.
- To discover new literary talents.
- To produce an anthology (Only in E-Book Format).
- Language Medium – English
- Poetry Type – Any.
- Participants should be between the ages of 10 and 35.
- Poems should be between the minimum of 10 lines and maximum of 50 lines.
- Entrants should include the followings alongside their works –State, Age, Location, Short Profile, Where you heard about the Call for Entries, Tel. No. and A Sentence of not more than 50 words describing the poem.
- Permission to publish your work among the shortlisted entries.
- All entries must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org latest by October 31st, 2012.
- Any signs of plagiarism may disqualify the contestant.
- Award of Certificate of Participation to all entrants
- Award of Certificate of Excellence to all shortlisted entrants
- All shortlisted poems will be published (Printed and E-book format).
- Automatic Membership into the Society of Young Nigerian Writers
For More information, please contact:
Wole Adedoyin – SYNW (+23472673852)
Powered by: Society of Young Nigerian Writers