Entries for the 5th edition of the annual Garden City Literary Festival (GCLF) Writers’ Workshop are now being accepted. The Writers’ Workshop is a creative platform where aspiring writers sit under the tutelage of their established counterparts. It is recommended for anyone who wants to improve their writing skills.
Each applicant must indicate their preferred choice of workshop. Application to more than one class will not be considered. Participants are required to submit samples of their writing (in line with requirement for the different genres) before Friday 31st August 2012 to secure a place.
All applicants must submit the following:
FOR SHORT STORIES
1. Sample short story of between 1000 & 1500 words (please highlight how many words your story contains for our records)* You should submit only your best story.
1. Sample poem (no longer than 1000 words). Please note- synopsis or abstracts will not be accepted.
1. A ‘one act’ play script on any subject.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FOLLOWING MUST BE ADHERED TO:
1. A one page personal CV must be submitted along with each entry
2. A brief paragraph about what you intend to learn from your chosen workshop must be included
3. All manuscripts must be double spaced with a header showing:- ‘author’ to the left, ‘title’ in the middle and ‘page number’ to the right.
4. Handwritten entries or entries that do not adhere to No. 3 will not be accepted.
All sample materials must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 12:00 noon on Friday 31st August 2012. Materials submitted after this date and time will not be accepted.